Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Rosary

The other day someone asked me why I do the Rosary and "Why don't you pray directly to Jesus?" The answer is: I do pray to Jesus....constantly. From the moment I wake up and straight through the day. I have even caught myself praying to Him while asleep. Many times I have awakened in the middle of dreams in which I was conversing with the Lord. I eat, drink [I mean these literally], sleep and breathe the Lord. I walk with Him during the day and during the night. I also walk with Him in the Rosary. The Rosary is the life of Jesus and Mary; I meditate on different aspects of their lives while I am saying it. The Rosary is beautiful and Mother Mary leads hearts to her Son. I do not worship Mary, but rather I revere her as the Mother of God. She is dear to my heart, this heavenly mother of mine.

In my next post, I will write a little about what Martin Luther and John Calvin said about Our Lady. You might be surprised. Pleasantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment